21 nov. 2011

Drake's Take Care.


Drake released his second album, Take Care, on November 15th. After smash singles like Dreams Money Can Buy, Free Spirit and Club Paradise, the Young Money's rapper offered us a wonderful 17-titles album.

One year and a half after Thank Me Later, Drizzy is back in stores with a mainly love-themed cd. Stories about boys/girls relations dominate so far the rythmically slow album, which I and friends really did and still appreciate.

With an excellent global opinion of Drake's sophomore project, here are my three favorite tracks.


-Hate Sleeping Alone.
"She said 'Kiss me like you miss me, f*** me like you hate me,
and when you're fuckin someone else just f*** her like she ain't me..."



-Underground Kings.
"And these n****s got them diamonds glowin in their mouths,
and they rockin furs like it's snowing in the South..."



And the finest one, one of the most inspirational songs ever made :
-Over My Dead Body.
"How I’m feeling, it doesn’t matter | Cause you know I’m okay
Instead, I ask myself “why do you hurt me?” | When you know, you know I’m the same
I know, I know that you don’t love me baby | Time to take you away from me
Only over my dead body
"



Props to Canadian singer Chantal Kreviazuk for one of the hottest hook ever heard in a while...

2011 was a great year for hip-hop and music in its whole with crazy albums out, from Watch The Throne and Carter IV to Lady Gaga's Born This Way.

BUT, this year is Drake's year. I'm looking forward to the next Grammy, BET and Billboard awards to see if I'm wrong. And this was a #RealTalk.

For Drake's fans and people who heard the album, what's your favorite track ?

Now I can't wait for Common's The Dreamer The Believer, in stores December 20th.
Click here to hear and see Blue Sky.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...