26 déc. 2011

Common - Lovin' I Lost


"It happens to the best, so I love & I lost..."


As you probably and rightly guessed, I am all about music right now. Especially over Common's ninth album The Dreamer/The Believer, a 12-tracks product I don't stop to listen to and blog about.

I want you to listen the track 6 : Lovin' I Lost, a nostalgic song about a past love. "I remember the days..." he raps in the hook...

Verse 1 : "A wise mister said love is gonna get ya,
 But that ain't what I read in the scriptures..."

In an interview with Yahoo Music, the 39 years-old rapper confessed the song is a true story : "I do feel like in 'Lovin' I Lost' I just bared my heart like a good blues writer (...) It also has elements of other relatioships and imagination."

Verse 2 : "I know you're young and you gotta live your life ma,
 I thought It was the right time for me to wife ya..."



"Who do it better, we use to move together,
 now we not together, is this our new forever ?"


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...